Coat Closet – New Shipment – for All Administrators
Safety Straps – for Principals, Gym Teachers, Coaches and Athletic Directors
ESL Staffing for 2018/2019 – for All Building Administrators
Guardian Short Term Disability Claim Form – for All Administrators
KC Scholars Deadline
From Edward Marquez
KC SCHOLARS is a great opportunity for students and families at three distinct points in their lives.
The Friday, March 2 deadline is fast approaching.
This message serves as a reminder to make sure anyone who may qualify starts and completes their scholarship application by Friday, March 2nd.
1. College Savings Account/Match is for current 9th grade students.
2. Traditional Scholarship is for current 11th grade students.
3. Adult Learner Scholarship must be 24 years age or older.
* Other qualifications necessary to satisfy each individual scholarship.
You can also visit kcscholars.org
Coat Closet – New Shipment
From Tina Richardson
The Coat Closet will be open the following days and hours:
Tuesday 2/27/18 9-11
Wednesday 2/28/18 1-3
Thursday 3/1/18 1-3
Friday 3/2/18 9-11
If you have any questions please contact Tina Richardson at 913-627-2631.
From Brian Draper
Please do not cut safety straps from Basketball goals or Volleyball nets when they become stuck, as this can create excessive property damage and potential bodily harm to Shop Staff while performing repairs.
Thank You and We Value your Support
ESL Staffing for 2018/2019
From Kristen Scott
Within the next week you will be receiving an email outlining your ESL staffing provided by our department for the next school year. I wanted to make everyone aware of some changes that effect your staffing allocations as a whole:
- Beginning with this year’s KELPA, students who score proficient one year will be exited. Therefore, we will only have level 1 and level 2 students in our system from this point on.
- We only staff for our direct ESL services for our level 1 and the portion of level 2 students who are eligible to receive our services based on their current data (previous KELPA scores, MAP data, etc.).
- We removed those students who are also identified as receiving Special Education Services from our numbers. This is due to the fact that many of these students receive their services outside of our department.
Your email to your school will have more detailed information.
Guardian Short Term Disability Claim Form
From Kristen Woodbury
We have 48 hours to return a Short Term Disability Claim for to the insurance carrier Guardian. If you receive a form from the Benefits office please fill it out and return it to the Benefits Office asap.
If you have questions please contact Crystal Primers, firstname.lastname@example.org at 279-2200 or Carmen Lee, email@example.com 279-2274