Documents and Slides for the 2018 Beginning-of-Year Administrators’ Meeting – for All Administrators
Beginning Teacher Mentor and Induction Program – for All Principals
School Supply Lists, Highlights/Report Cards, and Uniform Policies – for All Principals
Convocation Pennant Parade
From Susan Westfahl
Convocation will be held on Wednesday, August 8 at 9:00 a.m. at Memorial Hall. Again this year, we will have a parade of school pennants. Please choose an individual to proudly carry your school???s pennant, and forward that name to Susan Westfahl at firstname.lastname@example.org.
School reps will need to report to the concession stand area in the hallway outside of the auditorium at 8:30 a.m. They will pick up their pennant and line-up to be ready to march in at the beginning of Convocation.
I would also encourage you to invite your team to dress in school spirit wear and sit together. We look forward to seeing you at Convocation on August 8!
Welcome Center Information-Needed
From Kristen Scott
Just a reminder that I need your list of individuals that you want to receive Welcome Center notification emails by August 1st.
Also, if you want the Welcome Center staff to provide any information on your school (supply list, uniform guidelines….) please provide that information by August 1st.
2018 All-Staff Convocation
From Melissa Fears
Welcome back everyone!
The school district will host its annual Convocation next week, bringing staff together to kick off the new school year as a team.
WHERE AND WHEN
- Wednesday, August 8, 2018
- 9:00 a.m. at Memorial Hall, 600 N. 7th St.
- Doors open at 7:30 a.m.
A video will be available for those unable to attend the event.
Due to the very limited parking in the downtown area, transportation will be provided to Memorial Hall. The district???s Transportation Department will be transporting staff to and from the event. Buses will begin making runs at 6:45 a.m. from the following locations:
- F.L. Schlagle High School, 2214 N. 59th St.
- J.C. Harmon High School, 2400 Steele Rd.
- Sumner Academy of Arts and Science, 1610 N. 8th St.
- Washington High School, 7340 Leavenworth Rd.
- Wyandotte High School, 2501 Minnesota Ave.
- North Central Office, 2220 N. 59th St. (east and west parking lots)
- The Central Office and Training Center, 2010 N. 59th St.
- Transportation, 6126 Parallel Pkwy.
The last bus will depart from the above locations at 8:30 a.m. to transport staff to Memorial Hall.
Due to the limited parking spaces for individuals with disabilities at Memorial Hall, there will be handicap-accessible buses running from all the above locations as well. These buses can accommodate wheelchair pickups and also assist those who struggle with regular bus stairs, since the entry stairs in these buses are nearer to the ground. Bus drivers will be letting out passengers close to the curb to enter Memorial Hall.
Staff with disability needs should plan to arrive early for floor seating at the event.
The buses returning staff to the school district site locations will have the name of their location displayed in a window.
Thank you and welcome back!
Documents and Slides for the 2018 Beginning-of-Year Administrators’ Meeting
From Mike Keener
- For administrators who would like a digital copy of forms and/or slide presentations from Tuesday’s Beginning-of-theYear meeting at the Central Office, there is a page in place on the Staff Intranet where these items will be housed. If you go to the intranet, it’s one of the top three blue buttons in the sidebar of the page. Here is a shortcut to the page.Not everything is posted yet (as I have not yet received everything from the departments that presented to you), but I will be adding items as I receive them. At the moment, the page has forms and presentation files from Communications department, the ESOL department, the Grants department, the Purchasing department, the Risk Assessment department, Student Services, the TIS department, and the Transportation department.
- For administrators of departments that presented forms, brochures, handouts, and PowerPoint presentations: please send me digital copies of your items, and I will post them for you. I can be reached by either email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beginning Teacher Mentor and Induction Program
From Shelly Beech
Attached is information regarding the assignment of mentors to your first and second year teachers. Please read through the information carefully. All mentor assignments are due by August 10.
School Supply Lists, Highlights/Report Cards, and Uniform Policies
From Mike Keener
We need to post school supply lists for parents on the main district website.?? The following are the schools we have received lists for thus far:
Banneker Elementary School
Bertram Caruthers Elementary School
Bethel Elementary School
Claude Huyck Elementary School
Douglass Elementary School
Emerson Elementary School
Eugene Ware Elementary School
Frances Willard Elementary School
Frank Rushton Elementary School
Hazel Grove Elementary School
John Fiske Elementary School
JFK Elementary School
Lindbergh Elementary School
Mark Twain Elementary School
M. E. Pearson Elementary School
McKinley Elementary School
New Chelsea Elementary School
New Stanley Elementary School
Noble Prentis Elementary School
Parker Elementary School
Quindaro Elementary School
Silver City Elementary School
Stony Point North Elementary School
Stony Point South Elementary School
T. A. Edison Elementary School
Welborn Elementary School
Whittier Elementary School
Argentine Middle School
Arrowhead Middle School
Central Middle School
Coronado Middle School
Eisenhower Middle School
Northwest Middle School
Rosedale Middle School
West Middle School
Washington High School
We also need to post school highlights/report cards for the 2017-18 school year on the main district website.?? The following are the schools we have received lists for thus far:
Bertram Caruthers Elementary
Claude Huyck Elementary
Eugene Ware Elementary
Frances Willard Elementary
John Fiske Elementary
Mark Twain Elementary
Noble Prentis Elementary
Silver City Elementary
Stony Point South Elementary
T. A. Edison Elementary
William A. White Elementary
If you haven???t yet sent these items in, please send them via email to Mike Keener as soon as possible.
Additionally, if you have any changes to the posted uniform policies of your schools (if applicable), please send them to Mike Keener as well.