Upcoming Science Professional Learning for Elementary Teachers – for Elementary Administrators
Upcoming Science Professional Learning for Elementary Teachers
from Teri Fulton
Please share this information about Science PL opportunities with your staff.
We are happy to announce two great partnerships for upcoming virtual K-12 science professional development opportunities. Many have reached out this year requesting Kansas Science Standards opportunities for district and building K-12 science leaders in your setting.
KSDE is partnering with the National Science Teachers Association (NSTA) to provide an online science professional development opportunity for PK-5 elementary science educators in Kansas. This is a first come first served opportunity for up to 45 participants sponsored by KSDE.??https://www.smore.com/p0y74
KSDE is also partnering with Missouri, Iowa, and Nebraska education departments to support K-12 science educators with a number of different topics that have emerged in each of our settings. We have learned collaborating across states can help educators grow their networks and find more resources.??https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_UQv3u-6HnC5r5MVxKzmWBI-Nu14qyO1/view?usp=sharing
Graduate credit is available for both partnerships and??this would be a great opportunity for a number of different science education??needs I often hear working with buildings and districts across the state.
- The online??studies??would be a??great opportunity for??building or district science task force/curriculum??leaders.
- This opportunity is particularly helpful??for rural school districts where travel for professional development??may be more difficult.
- Elementary??educators teaching science have special considerations and the NSTA partnership will help support this grade band in much more depth.
- Learn how to better use the resources you have in your school district no matter how old or new they may be. PD is still needed to know how to make better use of those resources!
Please let us know if you have any questions.??Thank you for your consideration.
Surplus Inventory: First Come, First Serve!
1. Two new teacher desks
2. Eight 30??60 rectangular tables (medium oak top). Still new, in boxes. No pictures available.
3. Four 30??72 rectangular tables (maple top). Still new, in boxes. No pictures available.
4. Two used volleyball poles
5. One black metal file cabinet (non locking cabinet)
Impact 360 Video
from Sean DeMaree
Impact 360 is the district???s social-emotional newsletter and video that provides teachers, students and parents with information and activities to help build social-emotional skills. This month???s video focuses on helping our students relax and calm down in times when they are stressed, overwhelmed and/or upset. For more information on Impact 360, social-emotional skills or to read the monthly newsletter, follow the links below the video.